Thursday, December 10, 2009

Hands Free Zatoichi


A bit more on our visit to the Thai Massage Conservation Club of Chiang Mai (Branch 2).  This is a club that provides services by experienced blind masseurs.  Traditional Thai Massage for one hour-  100 Baht if memory serves correctly. 


A few of the masseuse were sleeping on the beds as they waited for customers.  Eight empty massage tables in an open and unlit room . My masseuse was a stout and tough looking Thai woman and ready to crush bone to powder with her bare hands.  


As bone crusher began her massage I watched her move her hands up and down my arms searching for points of relief and at that moment I began to realize how special this experience was. This woman, she was using her sense of touch and reacting to the way my body felt to apply the appropriate pressures at exact points to relieve pains.  My eyes welled up.  I had tears running down my cheeks. I was so overwhelmed with pure awe.  And then...  AND THEN... 
her mobile rang.  Her mobile phone ... which she answered.  Stunned, I looked over to Yen who was receiving a massage on the table next to me and she's looking right at me with a surprised and giggle-filled smile on her face.  The masseuse has me twisted at the hips while she worked my legs with her knees and is massaging me hands free so she can hold her mobile and chat away about from what I could tell... nothing in particular.  No emergency, no bad news. Just a Chatty Cathy call.  I lied there listening to her five minute phone prattle and Yen smirking at me the entire time.  Stripped a bit of it's moment for me, it was still all-in-all, a good massage.  I never thought I'd recommend someone to get a Bluetooth, but in this case I think if bone crusher is going to continue taking calls during her sessions it would be beneficial to both parties.  

No comments:

Post a Comment